Indoor Air Quality
What kind of air do you breathe?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the air inside your home can be dirtier than the air outside. This is the result of a combination of normal, everyday sources in your home such as pet dander, cleaning products, building materials, radon, tobacco smoke, and even cooking residue. Simmons Heating and Cooling, offer a full line of Indoor Air Quality products which can help alleviate many of these issues.
Even newer homes can be at risk for unhealthy indoor air due to more air-tight construction techniques and materials that can trap pollutants inside. We offer a variety of indoor air quality products like the REME Halo-LEDTM among others.
HALO-LED™ Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifier
The HALO-LED™ is the industry’s first LED in-duct, whole-home, and building air purification system that is both mercury-free and zero ozone compliant. The HALO-LED™ proactively treats every cubic inch of air-conditioned space, reducing airborne and surface contaminants and pollutants through bi-polar ionization and revolutionary, patent-pending, REME-LED™ technology.
Did you know:
- The average person inhales over 29,050 pounds of air each day, with small children inhaling more particles for their size than adults.
- Polluted air causes 94% of all respiratory problems.
- Millions of Americans are diagnosed with asthma, and about and 1/3 are children under 18.
- Just one ounce of dust can contain around 40,000 dust mites, one of the most common household allergens.
- It is estimated that somewhere around 30 million people in the U.S. alone may be allergic to cat or dog dander.
- A person sheds nearly 9 pounds of dead skin flakes per year.